WPC stands for Wood and Plastic Composites. It is made from a combination of wood fibre and plastic. Composite decking is a lighter and less expensive alternative than traditional timber decking.
As with all of our timber products, the wood that is used in our composite range (for both decking and cladding) is FSC certified, while the plastic used is also certified as recycled.
This means that your WPC project has great eco-credentials (especially compared to plastic decking) and you can rest assured that you are still being environmentally friendly whilst also getting a product that provides you long-term performance.
It is a fantastic, high quality alternative to wood for people who are looking for a product that is low maintenance and still durable. The technology of WPC has evolved tremendously in recent years, and can now deliver great benefits such as:
- no maintenance required: you don’t have to worry about sealing, staining, varnishing, or painting the product, there is no regular upkeep, you can just enjoy sitting on beautiful decking and it will continue to look good and last well whatever the weather. The only maintenance that might be required is a wash down with a hosepipe every now and then!
- no rot, as the plastic element of the decking makes it water resistant, meaning the decking has a longer and more pain-free service life without you having to repair it
- by using WPC you are diverting waste plastic from landfill as our range of composite decking does not use virgin plastic
- colour fastness – and composite decking is available in a range of different colours so you can find the right one for your garden or construction project, and it looks stylish and modern
- very stable: no splinters or cracks
Our range of composite decking includes hollow and solid decking, as well as the fixings for your project.
To find out how we can help you with all your composite decking needs, as well as for free information, quotations, advice and samples, please click on either of the two buttons below to either email us or call us. We look forward to hearing from you!